Thursday, June 23, 2011

*Insert Profound Title Here*

Hey, internet.  Can we talk?

So, this year I had my first year of high school.  Big, and intimidating, that building sat on top of a hill neither confirming nor denying if it were a prison like middle school had been, or even elementary school - but let's not go there.  When the time came to step foot through the front doors, we were all nervous, excited, possibly calm and couldn't care less but, hey, let's play up the stereotype.  Freshman.  I was just a freshman in a blurred bunch of faces.  Awaiting the endless possibilities of my future.  Little did I know what I had taken up as a challenge.

Why had no one ever told me to bring my lunch the first week because if you try to buy lunch that week, you are absolutely guaranteed to get stepped on by upperclassmen?  To be quite frank, the year itself was a total blur.  I had to fight dragons, and evil wizards, and demons, all the while trying to keep up in my schoolwork.  Not to mention I developed insomnia.  Things didn't go as well as I had hoped this year, but I guess that'll teach me to try and put a leash on that wild mutt I know as life.  This year was tough, and completely unexpected in the wow-I-thought-this-only-happened-in-the-movies-type thing, but I am just so glad that watching Disney channel prepared me for it.

Not.

Fortunately, the year of torment has ended, I will never have to be a high school frosh again, and I have friends.  (I hope it's okay for me to call you "friends".  I thought the contract covered that.  Check's in the mail.)  So basically, this was just a lame-ass nostalgic post about how sappy I can get before I get bored with myself. :)  No, but really, I hope nothing like this year has to happen again, and also I kill dragons and other mystical beasts for fun now.  So... yeah.

ALSO.  I went to the dentist today, and I had to put on a heavy vest.  Then I had to bite on a piece of plastic so lasers could line up with my face.  Then this claspy thing clamps on my forehead and temples. Something revolved around my head and made noises, and I was freaking out because I felt like I was in some kind of sci-fi movie.  In reality, I got way too excited about having my mouth x-rayed.  Turns out my fifteen year old self needs to get her wisdom teeth pulled asap.  Meh.  :(  I'm not stoked; I like being able to eat food.

1 comment: