Friday, June 3, 2011

Hello, Life? Yeah, I was wondering if you wanted to take a break for a while.

I am counting the hours until I get to be free from seven hours in a building that brings stress to all who enter.  To two entire months of lengthened daylight where I can't see my breath in the air.  But I'm not there yet.  So I go to high school every morning and sleep an average of three hours each night because it's my job.  I don't get paid, sometimes I don't even get fed, and they can punish me for doing my obligated job not up to par.  Remind me again why I thought growing up would be a good idea?

I haven't been sleeping much, but last night was a particularly restless one.  I fell asleep holding an open package of chocolate Goldfish (they're better than they sound, trust me), and unfortunately for me, I like to toss and turn in my much needed (and lacking) dormant hours.  I woke up an hour later because my bed had turned into a snack bowl from last night's party.  Being too lazy to actually clean them up at one in the morning, I did the only smart thing that a sensible half-asleep young woman would do:  I ate them all.  All. Of.  Them.  That was an unopened bag at 6 p.m..

Life, why do I even bother to try and make sense of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment