Monday, July 18, 2011

Midnight premieres are cool, but not when you walk out looking like a drowned raccoon.

On Thursday night, I was a part of history.  I've been a Harry Potter nerd forever and I was finally old enough to go to a midnight premiere.  But why did it have to be the last one?!?!?!?!


That morning, I woke up due to major excitement at 4:30 a.m.  The day could not have passed by slower.  At 5:30 p.m. I changed into my Harry Potter swag, and was sporting a spiffing Gryffindor uniform.  My fellow Gryffindor, and Slytherin gal pal arrived soon after and together we had a feast while teasing my sister because she's a Hufflepuff.  (She got extremely angry at me...)  We hung out, took pictures, dueled, and discussed the last couple movies along with the books.  We left for the theatre at quarter to ten, and oh my god, why have I never been to a Harry Potter event before?  Everyone was a Harry Potter nerd like me, all dressed up.  Giofuis;evuiygsoy.  So.  Effing.  Awesome.  The movie itself was just amazing.  By far the best out of all eight:  The special effects were SO COOL, the acting was the best, and the writing was absolutely brilliant.  I laughed, I cried, I screamed.  Truely a phenomenal film.

After the movie, we went back to my house and were so jacked on Coca-cola, that we fell asleep at 5:30 in the morning.  If you can do math, yes.  I was actually up for twenty-five hours straight.  Holy.  Crap.

One of my favorite parts of the night was before the previews started, some guy that worked at the theatre was giving away Deathly Hallows Part 2 posters if you could answer some Harry Potter Trivia.  I literally know more about HP than I do about my own life.  For all the easier questions, my hand just wasn't fast enough.  (What are three of the names of the triwizard champions?...,  What class does Neville Longbottom excel at..?, etc..)  Then the guy asked "What is Nearly Headless Nick's last name?" Do you know it?  My hand shot up and two other people hesitantly raised theirs.  The guy called on me YAYERZ.  "Porpington," I say without hesitation.  I got it right!!!  That was so groovy for me, because I never win anything!!!  Then my friend asked me how I knew that.  My response was, "You don't know that?  I thought everybody did."

*Facepalm*  No, Sophie.  Only huge dorkuses know that sort of useless crap.

So, naturally, I was very proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly why I love Harry Potter events. It's so great to have fun with other people that understand the obsession!

    ReplyDelete