Saturday, April 16, 2011

BEDA: Adventure

It's April break here in Sophieville, and time is just about ready to take a new turn.  On a Saturday night, one might be at a party, having the time of their life.  Or one could be dabbing their eyes with a tissue, damp and sodden but only seconds old, so that they may have a chance of falling asleep.  Miraculous, and terrifying, life has whizzed past human kind yet another day only to leave a footprint in the sand.  To say that I'm tired would be an understatement, because I feel like my head is going to explode right now.  Today I went to the circus with a couple of my friends, and to be honest, I was... shaking in my boots (yeah - that's definitely what I thought initially...) to have to think of going downtown on the train by myself, and sit in a circle composed of screaming small children, random strangers, and clowns.  (I cannot begin to explain to you the amount of horror the thought of a single clown causes to my head.)  But I did it.  Despite the nervous wreck I was waiting for our stop to come, and watching a mute cross-dressing man in white makeup and a red nose, I did it.  I had to buy myself a four dollar churro to comfort myself, but nonetheless...  I accomplished something today.  Sure, it wasn't the best way to spend more than 20 bucks on a Saturday afternoon, but it was an adventure.  And, quite frankly, I haven't gone on many adventures all by myself, so as a young woman who currently is fifteen years of age, I am proud to say that today I went on an adventure.  Then to top it all off, why not watch seven different episodes of Doctor Who on Netflix?  What says "adventure" more than sitting on your ass for a couple hours watching television?  Quality stuff, right there.

And to top it all off, this is possibly one of my favorite songs ever.  Me encanta.

Dashing Knight - All Caps

I can't find the version I love on the YouTubes!!!  *Insert outrage*  The sadness...  It's off the album Lowercase, if anyone's interested, and I definitely recommend giving it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment