Sunday, April 24, 2011

BEDA: Dr. Pepper/Root Beer

What's that, five days that I've missed now?  Sounds about right, and although I had many reasons for not doing the blog everyday (some of which are decent), I'm not even gonna choose one of them.

Okay, maybe one.

Yesterday was the season premiere of Doctor Who, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, just bear with me; I swear this geekout will be brief... Maybe.  I invited over my two friends who are also fellow Whovians, and my brother and sister and I had a rockin' party.  But, since it was me who was planning and in charge of things, naturally they were all last minute and chaotic.  A cake was made, and the decorating took an astonishing amount of effort considering it was just a basic cake.  But we were determined to make it look like the TARDIS.  In the end, we forgot about the cake and didn't even have time to eat it, so if anyone wants a piece of blue-covered cake, come and get it.  Because we haven't even put a dent in it.  So, in summary, no time to blog yesterday.

Break's almost over and I think I'm going to cry.  I'm just so freaking done with this year of school.  My one goal is to pass, and just go there.  *Insert flipout here*.  I wish it were summer.

Oh, happy Easter and happy Passover to everyone.  Or if you're atheist, happy random day of the week. :)

I think that just about covers it for today, and I'm exhausted because I didn't fall asleep until 4 this morning, and I've been cleaning all day.  SPRING CLEANING IS FUN (not).

Song of the day today is due to the fact that I watched Easy A last night at 2 in the morning.

Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield


I was about to end the blog right there, but I realized that all I'd written about was basically my Doctor Who themed, Saturday, and some bitching and moaning...  So HAY GUYS, WHAT'S UP???  Wanna hear a story?  Okay, so earlier this week, my family and I went out to lunch at this restaurant, and my dad orders a root beer.  I'm not really a root beer fan, actually, I kind of hate it, but it's not my drink.  So the waitress brings us our drinks and my dad takes a sip and says, "That's not root beer, that's Dr. Pepper.   Here, Sophie, taste it."  Everyone knows I don't like either of the two carbonated beverages, but whatever... I didn't even bother protesting.  I sipped and sure enough it was Dr. Pepper.  Ohmygod.  So dad calls over the waitress and is like, "Excuse me, this isn't root beer, this is Dr. Pepper."  And this is the whole point to the story (that I now realize is super mega boring... Oh well...).  The waitress looks at us and says, "Yeah.  Aren't they the same thing?"  ... Aren't they the same thing?...  Um... no, they are definitely not the same thing, other wise they might have some sort of similar name or something...? This woman was well into her twenties, so tell me, what the... I mean, just... what???  I don't even...

And now you all learned something:  Dr. Pepper in NOT the same as root beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment